ABLE Personnel Services Limited (“the Company”, “we”, “our” “us”) is a recruitment company which provides recruitment services to its clients and jobseekers. We are committed to respecting the confidentiality of information and the privacy for all individuals under the Privacy Act 1993 (the Act).
As a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Consulting Services Association (RCSA) we must also comply with certain requirements which are designed to ensure that any information you provide to us is processed with due care and attention and that it is used only for lawful purposes and with your consent.
The Company collects the Personal Information of the following types of people to enable us to carry out our core business and assist jobseekers or clients with their employment requirements:
- Prospective jobseekers and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles
- Prospective and current clients
- Supplier contacts to support our recruitment services; and
- Employees and consultants.
How we collect your Personal Information
The Company will collect Personal Information from you in several ways:
- When you provide personal information to us, including via our website
- Through any related recruitment service
- Through any registration or job application process (whether in paper or electronic form)
- Via social media or social networks; and
- Through any other contact with us (verbally, in writing, electronically or in person).
Personal Information will also be collected when:
- References or feedback has been received about you from former employers or other referees, work colleagues or other professional associations
- We receive feedback on your performance (regardless of whether this is positive or negative)
- We receive notification of any complaint about you or workplace accident that you have been involved in
- We receive the results of any medical test, competency or psychometric assessment or background check that relates to you
- We obtain any information about any investigation, litigation or prosecution that you are involved in; or
- Where the information is publicly available.
How we may use your Personal Information
Upon authorised collection of your Personal Information, this means you authorise the Company to use the Personal Information collected about you in relation to:
- Administration and record keeping purposes
- The provision of recruitment services or to market our recruitment services to you, including contacting you electronically via text or email
- Undertaking pre-employment checks and assessments of you including, but not limited to, competency/psychometric assessments, reference checking, criminal conviction and traffic offence history, credit history, medical history
- Accounts and Payroll records
- Any insurance claim or enquiry that requires disclosure of your personal information
- Responding to communications from you, including a complaint; and
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your Personal Information
The Company may disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it is held. By disclosing your Personal Information to us, you are agreeing to your Personal Information being forwarded to our office and:
- To any contractors or suppliers that support our recruitment services, including any that hosts or maintains our underlying IT system, database and website that we use to provide our recruitment services
- With your prior approval, to the potential employer of the vacancy you have applied for or any other vacancy we deem you suitable for
- With your prior approval, to any authorised agency for the purpose of background checking you which may include credit check agencies, Ministry of Justice, New Zealand Transport Agency)
- The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- A person or party authorised by the Act or other law who can require us to supply your Personal Information (e.g. a regulatory authority, law enforcement agency)
- Other third parties for the purpose of processing your application and assessing your suitability; and
- Any other person authorised by you.
Third Party Measurement
We use a third party measurement company to assess our website and mobile site traffic so that we can better understand our site visitors. The following non-personal information is collected and provided to the Company to assist in analysing the usage of our website:
- The number of visitors, sessions and page views that occur on our website
- The average time visitors spend on our website
- The device type being used to come to our website (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- The regions that sessions are originating from; and
- The channels that traffic is coming to our website from (e.g. organic search engine, marketing, direct traffic, social media or referral).
Security of Personal Information
The Company will take reasonable precautions in accordance with the Act to safeguard your personal information against loss, misuse or unauthorised use or disclosure, and that it is used only for the purpose you agree to.
Access and Correction to your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to access your personal information and to request correction of the personal information that the Company holds about you to ensure it is accurate, complete and up to date.
In respect of a request to correct to your Personal Information, if we agree that the correction is reasonable, we will take steps to correct it or any part of it. If we disagree that the information is not accurate, complete or up to date then you may request us to place a statement by you regarding the information and why it is not accurate, correct or up to date.
Where practicable you will not be charged for an access request, however where the access request spans a large amount of information then we may impose a reasonable charge for this.
Please note that access will not be given to any information generated about you via any psychometric assessment process that you may undergo, as this is the sole property of the Company and/or our Client, as per the Evaluative Materials exemption of the Act.
We retain your Personal Information that has been provided to us and which we collect about you, for so long as we continue to provide recruitment services to you or until such time as you request the Company to delete your Personal Information.
Links to External Websites and Internet Use
The Company uses all reasonable efforts to maintain secure internet connections, however you should be aware that the use of email and internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email and internet.