- Temp on-going (with a permanent opportunity)
- Busy role for a computer savvy person
- Mainly office-based - must be organised!
Our Hastings engineering client is a well-established company who is seeking a Store Person to join their team on a full time (45 hrs/week) temporary but on-going capacity - however there is an opportunity for permanency for the right person.
The key responsibility of this position is to ensure the safe and efficient running of the store while being able to anticipate, understand and respond to new challenges as they arise.
This is mainly an office-based role so you will need to be computer savvy, extremely organised and be able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions!
Main duties will include:
- Receipting of all inwards goods from delivery through to storage and entering into the system
- Processing / purchasing of goods and materials ensuring timeliness and cost effectiveness
- Maintaining relationships with current and prospective suppliers
- Stores management, stock control and associated administration, ensuring materials and equipment are available for jobs at the required time
- Asset management (fleet, plant and equipment), ensuring all are maintained, tested/tagged and tracked
- Work planning reporting including issues with stock/consumables, asset management, inwards goods
- Unloading deliveries on occasion
- Health, Safety and Quality underpins all work performed – compliance to policies and procedures at all times is mandatory
Required skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in running a store (preferably in an Engineering or construction environment), including knowledge of purchasing and asset management
- Computer literate - MS Word and Excel and be comfortable with operating a computer-based accounting package including purchase orders, stock recording and job costing, familiar with asset management software
- Focus on quality customer service
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to variable working hours
- Time management and flexibility
- Certificate in Business Administration or Stores Management advantageous
If you think you tick the boxes, we’d love to hear from you! Please email an updated CV and a cover letter setting out why you are interested in this role to email@example.com
Note, we can only consider applications from people currently residing in NZ and who hold a valid work visa; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this position; unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email.