- Trade qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience in manufacturing, mechanical, hydraulics, electrical
- Permanent, Full Time, after hour on-call scheduled roster
Our Napier based client is looking for a Mechanical / Maintenance Engineer to provide preventative and reactive maintenance on their plant and equipment on site.
This is a permanent full time position.
- A strong background in manufacturing and previous experience in an engineering / mechanical / hydraulics / electrical environment
- Relevant technical / trade qualification
- Mechanical aptitude with a sound understanding of engineering
- The ability to problem solve / fault find
- Ensure that machine up-time / production is maximised
- Be physically fit
- Be H&S conscious
- Be punctual, reliable and responsible
About the role:
- Repair and maintenance of plant and equipment, ensuring this is tracked, managed efficiently and reported on
- Liaising with Production Manager, Supervisors and other staff to overcome production and performance / efficiency issues
- Provide input into annual budget setting
- General housekeeping, tidy workmanship and ensuring H&S Policies are adhered to at all times
- On-call after hours on a scheduled roster to support the 24hr operation
You may also be required to undergo a drug test and other pre-employment checks such as MOJ. A work reference check will form part of this recruitment process.
To be considered for this position please ensure you have an updated resume and tell us in your cover letter what relevant experience you have and why you are the person for this role.
Note we can only consider applications from people currently residing in NZ and who hold a valid work visa; shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this position - unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email.
APPLY TODAY if you have the skills, experience and availability for this role - email [email protected]