- No weekend work
- Great team environment
- Long-term on-going work
Our client has long term, on-going opportunity for a Mechanical Assembler & Fabricator to join their Hastings factory where their dedicated production team is tasked with the assembly of machinery for both local and export markets.
This position will involve precise assembly of fabricated steel components and complete chassis which are required to be assembled within fine tolerances. These machines are assembled to customer specification so a variety of models and options can be processed at any one time.
Part of this role can also include MIG welding fabrication of mild steel components.
- Assembling of fabricated components and complete chassis to specification including the use of verneer/micrometers/reamers, etc
- MIG Welding RHS and mild steel plate from 2mm to 16mm
- Interpreting drawings and fabricate / assemble accordingly
- Following all applicable safety policies, precautions, recommendations and procedures
- Maintaining a tidy, clean, and organised work area
Must demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in mechanical fitting or machining of components
- General engineering and fabricating experience
- Have a mechanical aptitude with practical, hands-on experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and follow processes
- Pride in producing quality results
- Good attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- A proven team player who can also work autonomously
This position is full time, Mon to Fri only. If you have what we are looking for we would like to hear from you today.
Apply now ensuring you attach a copy of your most recent CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Note, we can only consider applications from people currently residing in NZ and who hold a valid work visa. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this position; unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email.