- Hands-on building construction knowledge and experience imperative along with well-developed people skills
- Mix of commercial and residential projects
- Newly created role - contract or salaried
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced building surveyor, building inspector, construction project manager or construction QS with project management experience. Our client has 2 opportunties in Hastings and Tauranga.
Project tasks include building inspections/assessments, defect investigations, concept design, scope development, measuring and costing and tendering of both residential and commercial remedial projects.
- Detailed weathertightness design
- Conceptual and technical design of remedial works and solutions
- Project management and on site construction monitoring to assess compliance with plans, specifications and building code compliance
- Advising clients on property legislation and compliance with regulations, Building Code, Health and Safety and building contract management
- Defect identification, issue analysis, invasive investigations and failure reporting
- Maintenance advice and preparation of Long-term Maintenance Plans
- Pre-acquisition building surveys, due diligence surveys and Building Condition Assessments
- Preparation of Building Consent applications
- Building inspections to assess compliance with Building Code
- Preparation and assistance in preparing cost estimates for remediation works
- Estimating construction work duration and construction programming
- General contract administration, reviewing costs, contractors claims and preparation of payment schedules
Well developed inter-personal skills are vital including the ability to listen, communicate effectively with clients and other building professionals and contractors. The role involves working with people of all ages in varying circumstances. Client empathy is a key principle of the business’ culture.
Do you have the skills to apply for this position? If so, please submit your CV to Helen today by emailing email@example.com
Some things you need to know:
- We will only consider applications from people currently residing in NZ and who hold a valid work visa
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this position; unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email