- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Will consider newly / partly qualified accountant or experienced accounting technician
- Permanent role = Job security
Our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team in a full-time permanent capacity, carrying out general accounting and financial reporting in their Napier-based office.
You may be a newly qualified or partly qualified accountant or an experienced accounting technician.
This role will involve:
- Assisting with management of the month end processes (within set timeframe) for several entities
- Processing of sales and creditor invoices
- Preparation of electronic payment files
- Assisting with the external/internal audits and liaise with other external stakeholders as required
- Assisting with year-end forecasting and budget preparation as required
- Assisting with project work
- Assisting with payroll as required
- Ad hoc related tasks as required
The successful candidate will provide accurate and timely reporting and support to the organisation, including accuracy of accounting inputs, efficiency of processing and validation of outputs. Excellent communication skills are required along with a high attention to detail, a can-do attitude and willingness to work within a team.
Experience in using MYOB is an advantage as well as the ability to pick up new software. Experience with MS Office products, particularly Excel is also advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team with exciting growth and development.
Note: Due to month end and year end reporting requirements there is potential for weekend work during the 1st week of each month as well as work during the public holiday.
If you are looking for a friendly and supportive work environment and confident you’re the person they are looking for, then apply now! Great opportunities like this don’t come along that often! Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some things you need to know:
- We can only consider applications from people currently residing in NZ and who hold a valid work visa
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this position; unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email